24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Asphyxiation at gold smithery: Rs. 10 lakh compensation to victims’ kin
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
National Commission for Safai Karmacharis on Tuesday handed over Rs.10 lakh each to the families of three persons, who died of asphyxiation while collecting gold dust particles from a tank at a sold smithery in the city on Friday last.
Jagadish Hiremani, member of the Commission, held a review meeting with senior district and police officials and visited the place of occurrence in R.S. Puram, official sources said.
Hiremani handed over the solatium to the family members of the workers.
District Collector T.N. Hariharan, the Corporation Commissioner and Special Officer Dr. K. Vijayakarthikeyan and Superintendent of Police P. Murthy and other officials were present.