25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Asphyxiation at gold smithery: Rs. 10 lakh compensation to victims’ kin
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
National Commission for Safai Karmacharis on Tuesday handed over Rs.10 lakh each to the families of three persons, who died of asphyxiation while collecting gold dust particles from a tank at a sold smithery in the city on Friday last.
Jagadish Hiremani, member of the Commission, held a review meeting with senior district and police officials and visited the place of occurrence in R.S. Puram, official sources said.
Hiremani handed over the solatium to the family members of the workers.
District Collector T.N. Hariharan, the Corporation Commissioner and Special Officer Dr. K. Vijayakarthikeyan and Superintendent of Police P. Murthy and other officials were present.