April 16, 2019
Summers are finally here and the scorching heat of the sun is smiling at you to not only play with your skin but also tarnish your overall look with sweat, stickiness and smell. So are you one of them who will submit to this weather or will follow some quick hacks to beat the blazing heat. Soumya Kant, Founding Member, Clovia, gives you some simple yet effective tips to get that best summer look and embrace bright days:
1. Cool Cottons and colors: Summers have just begun and choosing the right kind of fabric in this heat is half the battle won. Opt for a cotton kurta/shirt that are breathable, absorb sweat and wick away from your skin. Also try and choose white and pastel shade outfits as light colors in summers will give you a feeling of freshness. You can find lots of pastels and white chikankari kurtas and shirts in the market which are breathable and just the perfect thing for summers. Also one important thing to keep in mind is to wear nude colour lingerie under white & light outfits. A lot of us make the mistake of wearing white under white which is a big no no. Men, can also opt for crisp cotton white to absorb all that heat.
2. Innerwear essentials: While buying your lingerie sets, always check your size and opt for simple yet trendy innerwear. As they say, if your lingerie is not right, your entire day in ruined. Try and avoid tight inner-wear as they will leave you with discomfort and scars. Another big mistake that a lot of people make is not selecting the right lingerie with the attire and using one size fit all funda with all their clothing range. From work wear to swim wear to activewear and white clothing, choose your lingerie wisely.
3. Floral is in: We all have that soft corner or liking for floral prints that we can't give a miss. Include floral print dresses, night suits, lingerie, umbrella and everything you can to give you that peppy feeling whenever you look at the sun. Also add some chic and cute loungewear to your wardrobe with spaghetti straps, cool shorts, fruity and floral patterns for that perfect summer feel.
4. Always Accessorize: Do not forget to accessorize your summer look with a pair of chic sunglasses, hoop earrings or pop-of-color scarfs. This would accentuate your overall look and give you further protection in this sunny weather.
5. Misty affairs / Charmer aids: One of the most important things that you must have is your bag is a sunscreen protection and fruity / floral face and body mist. The sunscreen layer protect your skin from replenishing in heat and mist instantly rejuvenates your body and face. It will invigorate your senses, mood and keep you feeling fresh all day long.
Enjoy your summers by making these essentials your best friends.