18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Bid to steal debit card details in ATM thwarted
Covai Post Network
November 18, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Sai Baba Colony police on Friday night thwarted an attempt by miscreants to steal details of debit cards using a skimming device in an ATM.
According to police, a few bank staff came to deposit money in the City Union Bank ATM when they noticed a skimming camera and a cell phone attached to the ATM machine. They immediately alerted the police.
Personnel from the C3 Sai Baba Colony station, who were on a patrol that time rushed to the spot.
During investigation it was found that miscreants had tried to steal details of debit cards using the camera, which they would have used to withdraw cash from bank accounts of those who used ATMs.
Police said the timely alert by bank employees prevented a major robbery. A special team has been formed to nab the culprits.
Police urged the public to check the ATM machines before withdrawing cash.