Business Wire India
The ninth edition of BIOFACH INDIA together with INDIA ORGANIC 2017
concluded at India Expo Mart Limited (IEML), Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR on 11 November 2017
with a resounding success. The three-day exhibition witnessed an overwhelming response from around 10000 visitors which included trade visitors, delegates as well as farmer groups from India and all over the world.
For the first time this year the event was held concurrent to the 19th Organic World Congress (OWC)
of IFOAM Organics International, a global event dealing exclusively with organic farming focused on the theme: “An Organic World through an Organic India”.
Shri. Ram Nath Kovind, Honourable President of India
congratulated the organizers and participants and stressed the importance of turning organic. In a message to the Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI), the principal host of the OWC, the Honourable Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi
expressed his happiness at India being chosen to hold this mega event and stated, “This meeting will enable global organic farming movement leaders and all its stakeholders to deliberate on key issues of the sector.” He concluded by sending his best wishes for the success of the event and for the global organic farming movement to help the world in achieving the true meaning of sustainable development.
The Organic World Congress along with BIOFACH INDIA was inaugurated by Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Honourable Minister for Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare, Government of India
of November at India Expo Mart Limited (IEML), Greater Noida, Delhi- NCR, India.
Other eminent dignitaries present at the inauguration included Shri Pawan Chamling, Honourable Chief Minister of Sikkim, Shri. Surya Pratap Shahi, Minister of Agriculture, Uttar Pradesh, Smt. Menaka Gandhi, Union Minister for Women and Child Welfare, Govt. of India, Shri. V.S. Sunil Kumar, Minister of Agriculture, Govt. of Kerala, Mr. Na Yong Chan, Mayor of Goesan County, South Korea, Shri. Ashish Bahuguna, Chairman, Food and Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Shri. Somnath Poudyal, Honourable Minister for Food Security and Agriculture Development, Govt. of Sikkim, Shri. Devendra Kumar Singh, Chairman, Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Smt. Rita Teaotia, Secretary Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Shri. Jagdish Prasad Meena, Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries and many others.
Highlights of the Event:
- Trade Fair: The event witnessed successful participation by 184 exhibitors from India and all over the world. The exhibitors included Private Stakeholders, State Pavilions, Government Boards as well as key Certification Bodies who exhibited a diverse range of food and non-food organic products. Some of the leading organizations at the trade fair included names like: Brahm Arpan, MRT Organics, Suminter India Organics, Phalada Agro, Just Organik, Radico, Mehrotra Consumer Products, Agronic Food, Sarveshwar Foods, Natureland Organic, Cultivator Natural Products, Samruddhi Organic Farms, Kejriwal Bee Care, Capital Ventures, Organic India, Fishfa Biogenics, Geo-Fresh Organics, Rapid Organic and many more.
The participating States included Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Bihar, Meghalaya, Karnataka, Tripura, Chattisgarh, Assam, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Nagaland, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Arunachal Pradesh.
- International Buyer’s Delegation BIOFACH INDIA/OWC was a great forum for the Indian exhibiting companies to showcase their wide range of organic produce to international clients. There were around 50 international buyers from Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, USA, Canada, Indonesia, Turkey, Middle-East, China and South Korea who visited the event so as to specifically extend their network and develop new procurement sources.
- High quality Conference Program – On the knowledge and education side, an international conference was held to deliberate on the current practices/trends/challenges faced by the organic sector with eminent key national and international speakers from relevant industry. Attendance by 2479 delegates from 90 countries was witnessed over the period of 3 days.
- Hands on Demonstration by Farmers – For the first time this year the event was a meeting place for organic farmers from across the world. The interactions led to a massive exchange of organic agriculture innovations and advanced organic techniques.
- National Level Organic Seed Exhibition – The Seed Festival was organized by the Bharat Beej Swaraj Manch, along with Sahaja Samrudha and Save Our Rice Campaign as a parallel event during BIOFACH INDIA/OWC. Over 4,000 different varieties of seeds were on display, along with relevant posters and literature.
The organic food market in India is projected to register growth at a CAGR of over 25% during 2015-20. India's organic food market has potential to grow more than 25 percent annually to touch $1.36 billion by 2020. The market is growing at 25-30 percent at present.
More growth is expected in future as the government is increasingly supporting organic farming in the form of subsidies and is also planning to roll out a comprehensive policy in this regard. As per the government data, organic farming is practised in 12 states in about 4.72 million hectares.
Sajid Desai, CEO, NuernbergMesse India
reiterated the growing importance of Organic products by saying, “BIOFACH INDIA together with INDIA ORGANIC concurrent to the Organic World Congress has not just been beneficial in terms of education towards a healthier way of life but also has been influential in placing India on the world map as a country that traces its origins to an organic and holistic way of living. The organic food market in India is projected to grow to $1.36 billion by 2020 and over the last 9 years, BIOFACH INDIA has been the leading platform for the organic manufacturers and their target buyers to connect and network. The event has played a crucial role in bringing together all the organic industry stakeholders and partners such as APEDA, IFOAM, OFAI and ICCOA amongst others to converge at one destination, creating future growth avenues and strengthening the organic movement.”
"BIOFACH has emerged as a wonderful event for meeting potential clients not only in foreign countries but now also in India. We being a prominent producer, processor and exporter of certified organic herbs, botanicals and organic cosmetics were glad to present our world class products for Indian market through BIOFACH INDIA. Anticipating a good client reach in India, we hope for the very best and also thank BIOFACH INDIA for generating such opportunities.”
Tarun Prajapati, Cultivator Natural Products Pvt. Ltd.
“BIOFACH is the only platform in India for Organic companies to be a part of, in which you get to meet lot of genuine buyers not only from India but from International market as well. Being an exporter of Spices, Herbs and Coconut products, it’s a great opportunity to showcase your products and to connect with your end customers. We look forward to be a part of more such events.”
Mr. Surya Shastry, Phalada Pure & Sure
The next edition of BIOFACH INDIA promises to be even bigger and better and will be held from October 25 – 27, 2018 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India.