19 Jul 2018, Edition - 1101, Thursday
- Encounter rages on in Handwara, J&K; Gunfight breaks out in the Batpora area. Terrorists believed to be holed up
- AAP issues whip, asks its MPs to vote in favour of no confidence motion in the Parliament
- Students of Banaras Hindu University hold unique protest after Congress raised the question of accountability
- RBI to issue new 100 rupee note in lavender colour
- DMK Working President MK Stalin urges opposition parties to unite on the ‘no-trust’ vote
- Shiv Sena to abstain from the trust vote in the ‘no-confidence’ motion
- YSR Congress protests at Parliament premises, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi politicises mob lynchings, warns of ‘sinister design’ before 2019 General Elections
- 7 naxals, including 3 women, killed in an encounter with security forces in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi interacts with the beneficiaries of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana & Saubhagya Yojana
19 hurt in road mishap near Irugur
Covai Post Network
July 13, 2018
Coimatore: As many as 19 passengers were injured when the Kerala-bund bus turned turtle when overtaking a lorry on the National Highway near Irugur on Friday morning.
The Omni van was moving towards Kerala from Andhra Pradesh with 19 passengers, including two women. The driver attempted to overtake a lorry near Irugur and lost control of the vehicle resulting in its turning turtle. It was said to be moving in high speed.
Police and fire and rescue personnel rushed to the spot. With the help of the residents, they rescued all the passengers and sent them to hospital.