23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
2-day footcare camp for diabetics
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
A two-day awareness camp about the need for proper foot care among diabetics will be conducted in Coimbatore from August 29.
According to Dr. V. Sekhar of Coimbatore Diabetes Foundation Hospital, diabetics in India have not yet understood the importance of proper foot care. More than 80 percent of the diabetics do not even control their sugar levels. He said that walking bare-foot for various reasons, is one of the main causes of diabetic foot.
The two-day camp, to be conducted by the foundation, will screen the participants for sugar levels and give tips and suggestions on proper footwear and prevention measures to avoid diabetic feet.