17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
2-day footcare camp for diabetics
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
A two-day awareness camp about the need for proper foot care among diabetics will be conducted in Coimbatore from August 29.
According to Dr. V. Sekhar of Coimbatore Diabetes Foundation Hospital, diabetics in India have not yet understood the importance of proper foot care. More than 80 percent of the diabetics do not even control their sugar levels. He said that walking bare-foot for various reasons, is one of the main causes of diabetic foot.
The two-day camp, to be conducted by the foundation, will screen the participants for sugar levels and give tips and suggestions on proper footwear and prevention measures to avoid diabetic feet.