17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
2 engineering students drown in Bhavani
Covai Post Network
December 5, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Two engineering students died after drowning in the Bhavani river at Sirumugai in the district. They had gone for bathing last evening, police said today.
Gokulraj and Guhan, both aged 21 and hailing from Annur, were third year students of a private engineering college near here.
The public, who noticed the motor cycle, clothes and mobile phones lying on the banks late in the evening, informed police. Fire and Rescue personnel rushed to the spot but failed to retrieve the bodies owing to poor light.
They managed to take out Guhan whose body was trapped among rocks. His body has been sent to the Government Hospital for postmortem.
Search for Gokulraj continues, police added.