23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
2 engineering students drown in Bhavani
Covai Post Network
December 5, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Two engineering students died after drowning in the Bhavani river at Sirumugai in the district. They had gone for bathing last evening, police said today.
Gokulraj and Guhan, both aged 21 and hailing from Annur, were third year students of a private engineering college near here.
The public, who noticed the motor cycle, clothes and mobile phones lying on the banks late in the evening, informed police. Fire and Rescue personnel rushed to the spot but failed to retrieve the bodies owing to poor light.
They managed to take out Guhan whose body was trapped among rocks. His body has been sent to the Government Hospital for postmortem.
Search for Gokulraj continues, police added.