17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
2 killed in by-pass road accident
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
A young man and a child were killed and 15 others were injured when the van in which they were travelling overturned while attempting to avoid hitting a two-wheeler.
A group of relatives Punsei Puliampatty in Erode district was travelling in the van. They were going to Madukkarai, Coimbatore in order to meet a prospective bride. After crossing the by-pass junction in front of Karpagam University, the van made an abrupt right turn in order to avoid running over a University employee who was on his two-wheeler. The van lost balance and overturned and fell into a gorge nearby.
The two-wheeler rider, 21-year-old Tamilselvan, and Vadivelu (3) died on the spot. 15 passengers in the van sustained injuries.
The police are investigating.