23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
2 killed in by-pass road accident
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
A young man and a child were killed and 15 others were injured when the van in which they were travelling overturned while attempting to avoid hitting a two-wheeler.
A group of relatives Punsei Puliampatty in Erode district was travelling in the van. They were going to Madukkarai, Coimbatore in order to meet a prospective bride. After crossing the by-pass junction in front of Karpagam University, the van made an abrupt right turn in order to avoid running over a University employee who was on his two-wheeler. The van lost balance and overturned and fell into a gorge nearby.
The two-wheeler rider, 21-year-old Tamilselvan, and Vadivelu (3) died on the spot. 15 passengers in the van sustained injuries.
The police are investigating.