17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
2 Lankan repatriates held for travelling with fake passports
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Peelamedu police arrested two Sri Lankan repatriates who went to Dubai with forged passports and visas.
According to police, Bahirathan (32) of Chennai and Sasidharan (23) of Trichy had come from Sri Lanka and settled in Tamil Nadu without any valid proof. They both were construction wage labourers.
On November 19, the two went to Uttar Pradesh from Chennai and from there to Nepal and later to Bangladesh with fake passports. From Bangladesh they flew down to Sri Lanka and from there to Dubai. They were nabbed in Dubai and immigration officials found that they also had no valid visas and were sent to Sri Lanka.
Immigration officials there sent the two to Coimbatore yesterday as they had proof for stay in Tamil Nadu.
Peelamedu police arrested the two person on grounds of cheating and investigation was on.