18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
2 Lankan repatriates held for travelling with fake passports
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Peelamedu police arrested two Sri Lankan repatriates who went to Dubai with forged passports and visas.
According to police, Bahirathan (32) of Chennai and Sasidharan (23) of Trichy had come from Sri Lanka and settled in Tamil Nadu without any valid proof. They both were construction wage labourers.
On November 19, the two went to Uttar Pradesh from Chennai and from there to Nepal and later to Bangladesh with fake passports. From Bangladesh they flew down to Sri Lanka and from there to Dubai. They were nabbed in Dubai and immigration officials found that they also had no valid visas and were sent to Sri Lanka.
Immigration officials there sent the two to Coimbatore yesterday as they had proof for stay in Tamil Nadu.
Peelamedu police arrested the two person on grounds of cheating and investigation was on.