18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
330 recruits pass out from MRC
Covai Post Network
December 19, 2017
Around 330 recruits were attested into the Madras Regiment Centre (MRC) the oldest Regiment of Indian Army, at the historic Shrinagesh Barracks at Wellington in Nilgiris district on Tuesday.
After 46 weeks of training, the recruits could see their dreams come true when they wore olive green and marched past the largest enclosed drill square in Asia, an official release said.
The passing out parade was reviewed by General Officer Commanding, Dakshin Bharat Area, Lt. Gen. R.K. Anand, who appreciated instructors and staff for achieving a very high standard of drill in the attestation parade. Lauding the efforts of MRC to improve the standard of training to such a high level, Lt. Gen. Anand congratulated the parents of the young soldiers in this moment of pride and glory.