17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
330 recruits pass out from MRC
Covai Post Network
December 19, 2017
Around 330 recruits were attested into the Madras Regiment Centre (MRC) the oldest Regiment of Indian Army, at the historic Shrinagesh Barracks at Wellington in Nilgiris district on Tuesday.
After 46 weeks of training, the recruits could see their dreams come true when they wore olive green and marched past the largest enclosed drill square in Asia, an official release said.
The passing out parade was reviewed by General Officer Commanding, Dakshin Bharat Area, Lt. Gen. R.K. Anand, who appreciated instructors and staff for achieving a very high standard of drill in the attestation parade. Lauding the efforts of MRC to improve the standard of training to such a high level, Lt. Gen. Anand congratulated the parents of the young soldiers in this moment of pride and glory.