23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
346 file papers
Covai Post Network
September 28, 2016
A total of 346 candidates today filed their nominations for 3,209 posts in the local body elections, scheduled for October 17.
So far 528 candidates have filed their nomination in the last three days. For 2,034 village panchayat members across the district, only 298 nominations were received so far, while 126 nominations were filed for 100-ward City Corporation.
Meanwhile, a group of AIADMK workers continued their protest in front of the party headquarters here for not giving tickets to deserving candidates. They blamed the senior leaders indulging in either nepotism or money power.