August 20, 2016
Thanjavur: A 60-year-old farmer was electrocuted near Orathanadu in Thanjavur district today.
Durairaj, a farmer based in Okkanadu Melaiyur, was visiting his agricultural land this morning. He switched on the electric motor to irrigate the field. When the electric motor did not function, he went to the nearby transformer to check if there was power supply. That was when his hand accidentally came in contact with a live wire and he was electrocuted.
The locals informed the police, who rushed to the spot and sent the body to the Government Hospital in Orathanadu for post-mortem.
The police have registered a case and further investigations are on.