23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Avarampalayam railway gate, level crossing to remain closed from Thursday
Covai Post Network
December 6, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Avarampalayam railway gate, level crossing 9 will be closed from Thursday following the construction of railway over bridge construction.
The railway gate between Peelamedu and Coimbatore North Railway stations will be closed due to the construction of an over bridge, said an official press release. Traffic will be diverted via New Sidhapudur Road and Sathy Road, it said.
The over bridge, which will be constructed at a cost of Rs. 26 crores, is expected to be completed by September 30, 2018. The State Highways Department and the Railway Ministry will contribute Rs. 13 each for the work. The bridge will have a two lane traffic with a width of 12 meters and length of 450 meters on the Ganapathy side, and 320 meters on Gandhipuram side.