23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Baby’s body found in handbag
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Thanjavur: The body of a newborn baby boy was dumped in a handbag in the bathing ghat of G A Canal, known as Pudhu Aaru, in Thanjavur today.
Unable to bear the stench that was emanating from the bathing ghat, some local residents informed the police.
Police from Thanjavur East Police Station rushed to the spot and inspected the area, where they found the baby’s body wrapped in a cloth in the bag.
The baby’s umbilical cord had not been removed. Police also found three surgical scissors nearby. They sent the body to the government hospital for postmortem.
Police suspect the child was born to an unmarried woman and hence killed. A case has been registered and further investigation is on.