17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Baby’s body found in handbag
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Thanjavur: The body of a newborn baby boy was dumped in a handbag in the bathing ghat of G A Canal, known as Pudhu Aaru, in Thanjavur today.
Unable to bear the stench that was emanating from the bathing ghat, some local residents informed the police.
Police from Thanjavur East Police Station rushed to the spot and inspected the area, where they found the baby’s body wrapped in a cloth in the bag.
The baby’s umbilical cord had not been removed. Police also found three surgical scissors nearby. They sent the body to the government hospital for postmortem.
Police suspect the child was born to an unmarried woman and hence killed. A case has been registered and further investigation is on.