17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Baby’s body found in handbag
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Thanjavur: The body of a newborn baby boy was dumped in a handbag in the bathing ghat of G A Canal, known as Pudhu Aaru, in Thanjavur today.
Unable to bear the stench that was emanating from the bathing ghat, some local residents informed the police.
Police from Thanjavur East Police Station rushed to the spot and inspected the area, where they found the baby’s body wrapped in a cloth in the bag.
The baby’s umbilical cord had not been removed. Police also found three surgical scissors nearby. They sent the body to the government hospital for postmortem.
Police suspect the child was born to an unmarried woman and hence killed. A case has been registered and further investigation is on.