22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Baby’s body found in handbag
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Thanjavur: The body of a newborn baby boy was dumped in a handbag in the bathing ghat of G A Canal, known as Pudhu Aaru, in Thanjavur today.
Unable to bear the stench that was emanating from the bathing ghat, some local residents informed the police.
Police from Thanjavur East Police Station rushed to the spot and inspected the area, where they found the baby’s body wrapped in a cloth in the bag.
The baby’s umbilical cord had not been removed. Police also found three surgical scissors nearby. They sent the body to the government hospital for postmortem.
Police suspect the child was born to an unmarried woman and hence killed. A case has been registered and further investigation is on.