• Download mobile app
25 Feb 2024, Edition - 3148, Sunday

Trending Now

  • In the next two to three days, Delhi CM Aravind Kejriwal will be arrested by ED: Delhi Minister Sourav Bharadwaj
  • Omni buses charging exorbitantly should be penalised by cancelling the permit: Chennai HC.
  • Fast bowler Aakash Deep takes three wicket in his debut test match against England.

Coimbatore

Boy mistakes rat poison for chocolate; dies

Covai Post Network

Share

Coimbatore: In a tragic incident, a 10-year old boy died early on Monday after eating rat poison mistaking it for chocolate.

According to police, Muthuselvan, a Class 5 student of Telungupalayam in the city consumed a billet mistaking it for chocolate while playing on Sunday evening with friends.

As the boy fainted and started foaming at the mouth, his friends alerted the boy’s parents, who realised that he had consumed rat poison and rushed him to the Government Hospital.

However, Muthuselvan didn’t respond to treatment and died on Monday morning, plunging Telugupalayam in gloom.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER