23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Burglary in Army man’s home
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Thanjavur: Burglars entered the locked house of a soldier in Kumbakonam early today and decamped with five sovereigns of gold and other valuables, worth Rs 80,000.
Ganesh Kumar, 43, resident of Madhavapuram Main Road in Innampur village near Kumbakonam, is posted Uttar Pradesh. His house has been locked since April, as Ganesh’s family is with him.
Ganesh’s neighbours were shocked to find the lock of his house broken open today. On being informed, his brother Baranikumar rushed there to find that Ganesh had been burgled.
Based on his complaint, Swamimalai police have registered a case and an investigation is on.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr