23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Cash, valuables looted from locked house
Covai Post Network
August 29, 2015
35 sovereign gold ornaments and Rs.24,000 in cash was looted from a locked house in Podanur, on the outskirts of Coimbatore.
The inmates of the house, Riyaz, and his family had gone to Erode the day before. In the morning, when the maidservant arrived, she noticed the front door open and immediately called up Riyaz. His brother called up the police.
The search revealed that the gold ornaments and cash were missing. Police are investigating.