17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Cockroach in Aavin milk shocks customers
Covai Post Network
August 30, 2015
After Maggie and Nestle Nan Pro it now seems to be the turn of Aavin. A customer in the city had complained filed a complaint with the authorities after he noticed the presence of a cockroach in an unopened packet of milk.
A customer had purchased half litre packet of milk from a vendor of
Aavin, a government outlet at Thiagaraj street late last evening and noticed something floating inside the packet.
When he returned it back, the staff at Aavin was shocked to notice a small cockroach inside. Even as he had kept it aside, the packet by mistake had apparently reached the hands of another customer who noticed the dead insect floating and lodged a complaint with the Aavin authorities.
The milk packet was however dated August 28 and while not much has been done about it thereafter, the Designated Officer of Food Safety and Drug Administration Department, Dr R Kathiravan told Covai Post that the officials would visit the Aavin outlet and take stock of the situation.