• Download mobile app
20 Jun 2024, Edition - 3264, Thursday

Trending Now

  • It has been decided by the high command that AIADMK will not contest in the by-electipn and it has been done accordingly: P Chidambaram
  • People of Coimbatore have given huge amount of votes to BJP this Loksabha elections: MLA Vanathi Srinivasan
  • As Australia wins against Scotland, England gains entry into Super 8.

Coimbatore

College student electrocuted

Covai Post Network

Share

In a freak incident, a 19-year old student was electrocuted, today after he came into contact with water in a bucket that was being heated using an immersion rod, in his room in Sulur on the outskirts.

Dinesh, hailing from Thrissur in Kerala, was doing his second year diploma course in a private polytechnic. He had kept an immersion rod in a in a bucket filled with water. After some time wanting to check the temperature of the water, he dipped his fingers into the water without switching off the power, police said.

He was thrown away from the bucket due to electricity passing through water and in the melee the hot water fell on him, resulting in additional current passing through his body.

Hearing his cries, roommates rushed to the bathroom and removed him after switching off the power and took him to a nearby private hospital. After first aid, he was brought to a corporate hospital in the city, where he was declared brought dead, police said.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER