18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Control room set up at Thanjavur
Covai Post Network
September 28, 2016
A round-the-clock control room has now been set up at the Thanjavur collectorate to facilitate the public to lodge complaints in case of any violation of model code of conduct by political parties in the district in the wake of the ensuing local body polls.
Public can contact the landline numbers ( 04326) 264825 and (04362) 264829 and give information or lodge complaints in case of any violation of model code of conduct in urban as well as in rural areas, District Election Officer cum District Collector A. Annadurai has said.
The district administration has taken all precautionary measures to ensure the conduct of free and fair polls, he said and urged all political parties to observe the model code in letter and spirit.