17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Control room set up at Thanjavur
Covai Post Network
September 28, 2016
A round-the-clock control room has now been set up at the Thanjavur collectorate to facilitate the public to lodge complaints in case of any violation of model code of conduct by political parties in the district in the wake of the ensuing local body polls.
Public can contact the landline numbers ( 04326) 264825 and (04362) 264829 and give information or lodge complaints in case of any violation of model code of conduct in urban as well as in rural areas, District Election Officer cum District Collector A. Annadurai has said.
The district administration has taken all precautionary measures to ensure the conduct of free and fair polls, he said and urged all political parties to observe the model code in letter and spirit.