19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Diamond studded racquet presented to Sindhu by Kirtilals
Covai Post Network
September 2, 2016
Kirtilals, a premium diamond jewellery brand in India, on Thursday presented a miniature gold badminton racquet studded with diamonds to Sindhu for her achievement at the just-concluded Rio Olympics.
To celebrate her fete at the Olympics, Kirtilals designed an exclusive souvenir and the racquet and presented to her, Kirtilal’s Director-Business Strategy Suraj Shantakumar said.
“It is a momentous occasion as we honour Sindhu for her achievement that has made the entire nation proud. She is an inspiration for all the women and young athletes who want to contribute to the Indian sports,” Suraj said in a press release.
“It’s an encouragement for every sportsperson to receive recognition for the hard-work and accomplishments,” Sindhu said after accepting the honour.