23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Foreign tourists to Big Temple given Tamil welcome
Covai Post Network
September 27, 2016
Thanjavur: The foreign tourists visiting the world renowned Brahadeeswarar temple, popularly known as Big Temple, in Thanjavur today were greeted with garlands in a welcome befitting Tamil culture, as part of the celebrations of World Tourism Day.
On behalf of the tourism department, district tourist officer R Rajasekaran garlanded and honoured the foreign tourists visiting the Big Temple.
As part of the celebrations, a cleaning drive was undertaken by school and college students on the circular path around the temple. Cultural programmes and a drawing contest for school students were also organised. Assistant tourist officers R Saravanan, R Karthik and Red Cross Society treasurer S Muthukumar helped organise the event.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr