• Download mobile app
23 Jun 2024, Edition - 3267, Sunday

Trending Now

  • Only after punishing the accused in Kallakuruchi I’m replying here. Im not going to run away and hide : MK Stalin
  • If the Collector had immediately conceded that they had died due to consumption of illicit liquor, they could have been admitted to the hospital immediately and treated : EPS.
  • It is not possible to bring about total prohibition in TN, this is the time to bring in toddy shops : BJP leader Annamalai


Hindu outfit vilifies the Quran

Covai Post Network


Come December 6 and it is time for Muslim and Hindu outfits to observe the anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition. This year too it was no different in Coimbatore. But what should have been a peaceful protest ended in the Hindu Munnani casting aspersions on the content of the Quran and Muslims responding to it.

Police had given permission to hold protest within the conditions it laid out. The Hindu Munnani organized protest marches in Mettupalayam and Karamadai today.

In this background, J.S. Kishore Kumar, the State Secretary of Hindu Munnani, has alleged that Islam and the holy Quran were misleading the Muslims. “A number of chapters of the Quran discusses Jihad (Holy War). It describes the disbelievers and polytheists as Kafirs and says that they must be vanquished.”

Hence, his argument was that the Quran led the Muslims to believe that Hindus were Kafirs and as a result, they demolished their temples and killed the followers of the religion.

Refuting the allegation of Kishore Kumar, H. Muhammadh, an educationalist in Islamic Studies, said: “The chapters in Quran cover all parts of the human life. It teaches discipline, civil rights, economics, social activities (Jamath), administration, etc.”

The holy book also laid out guidelines on how battles must be fought. “But Islam does not allow the killing of women, children, cattle, and even the soldiers of the defeated armies. It does not permit the destruction of holy lands of other religions, bridges, roads, schools and hospitals,” he said.

“India is a democratic country which gives its citizens the freedom to pursue the religion of their choice. They can build their temples, mosques and churches. So we have to live in unity and help each other,” he added.

Ever since the mosque was demolished in Ayodhya, Muslims and Hindus have been demanding exclusive rights over the disputed land for the construction of a mosque and temple respectively. Though he Allahabad High Court had allotted 65 percent of the land to the Hindus and the remaining 35 percent to the Muslims, both the sides rejected the partial land deal and have gone to the Supreme Court on appeal.

K.T. Sivappukal, District President of the Hindu Munnani, said that Rama was a native of India and Babar was an outsider. Therefore, the Hindus had complete rights over the land to build a temple.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter