17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Hindus will become a minority by 2115: H. Raja
Covai Post Network
August 30, 2015
The BJP national secretary, H. Raja said that according to the recent religious census, the percentage of Hindu population in India is on the decline, and that if it continued, Hindus will become a minority religion in India by the year 2115.
Talking to the newspersons after participating in the merchants annual day celebrations, Raja said that the Hindu population which was 69 per cent some 100 years ago, had come down to 48 per cent now. He said that in order to stop the decline, amendments should be brought about in the general civil law, and the legislation banning religious conversions.
Regarding the survey conducted by People Studies, he said that it was funded by the DMK. The study had named MK Stalin as the lead contestant for the Chief Minister’s post. He added that parties like MDMK, CPI, and CPI-M will not be able to garner enough votes to pose any serious threat to the parties that would form the government in the state.