19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Kaalnadai Thiruvizha from Feb 9
Covai Post Network
February 7, 2018
Coimbatore: Vanavarayar Foundation is organising the ‘Kongu Nadu Kaalnadai Thiruvizhaa’ between February 9 and 11 at Sri Sakthi Textiles, Pethanayakkanoor Road in Samathur. This is the third consecutive year the foundation is organising the event.
According to a statement, the festival will begin with Gomatha Puja on the first day. Organisers said that since every god exists in the body of cows, it is believed that doing Gomatha Puja would shower prosperity on all.
Following the puja, the beauty contest for cows, horses, sheep and country dogs would be held. An exhibition showcasing the manufacturing tools for agriculture and dairy farms and traditional cultural programmes would also be held. About 570 livestock animals from 23 varieties participated in the festival last year.