19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Karnataka should honour SC directive, says Union Minister
Covai Post Network
September 9, 2016
Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Ramdas Athawale has urged the Karnataka Government to honour the Supreme Court directive and release Cauvery water due for Tamil Nadu.
Addressing media persons in Kumbakonam today, he said caste feeling was the reason behind incidents of attacks on Dalits in the country. “The ruling BJP is not responsible for such incidents that took place in the country. Inter-caste marriage alone is the only solution to this problem,” Athawale said.
The Minister claimed that the Centre was keen in protecting the Dalits and Prime Minister Narendra Modi was sympathetic towards Dalits. “The Central Government has allotted Rs. 200 crores for the economic development of Dalits in the country. The Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry is distributing scholarships to the tune of Rs. 3,000 crores to Dalit students every year,” he added.
The Minister appealed to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to take stern action against those who unleashed attacks on Dalits. He also urged the leaders of various Dalit organisations to strive for the development and uplift of the oppressed.