19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Leopard attacks calf near Anamalai
Covai Post Network
August 29, 2015
A prowling leopard took away a calf from a village near Anamalai in the wee hours of Saturday, creating panic among the villagers.
The calf belonged to a farmer named Ponnusamy. After giving fodder to the animals the previous night, he went to sleep. The noise from the cow-shed woke him up in the morning hours of Saturday. He rushed to the cowshed to find the leopard eating the calf.
Hearing footsteps, the leopard ran away. The farmer rushed back home to wake the rest of the members up but by then, the leopard had returned to take away the remains of the half-eaten carcass.
Forest department officials examined the scene and have installed cameras to track the stray leopard.