23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Leopard attacks calf near Anamalai
Covai Post Network
August 29, 2015
A prowling leopard took away a calf from a village near Anamalai in the wee hours of Saturday, creating panic among the villagers.
The calf belonged to a farmer named Ponnusamy. After giving fodder to the animals the previous night, he went to sleep. The noise from the cow-shed woke him up in the morning hours of Saturday. He rushed to the cowshed to find the leopard eating the calf.
Hearing footsteps, the leopard ran away. The farmer rushed back home to wake the rest of the members up but by then, the leopard had returned to take away the remains of the half-eaten carcass.
Forest department officials examined the scene and have installed cameras to track the stray leopard.