23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Local body polls: 3,384 booths to be set up in Thanjavur
Covai Post Network
September 10, 2016
Thanjavur: At least 3,384 polling booths would be set up in Thanjavur district for the ensuing local body elections, District Collector A. Annadurai said.
While 2,679 polling stations would be established in rural areas, 705 polling stations would be set up in urban areas. One hundred and thirty two additional booths would be set up since the number of voters had now gone up after the enrolment. “When compared to 2011 elections, the district now has 3.25 lakh more voters,” he said.
Earlier, Annadurai held discussions with the representatives of all the recognised political parties at the collectorate today in connection with the draft list of polling booths. Among others, District Revenue Officer P. Chandrasekaran, DRDA project director Srinivasan, City Corporation Commissioner M. Varadarajan and commissioners of all the municipalities and the panchayat unions participated in the meeting.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr