19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Man attempts self immolation in Tirupur collectorate
Covai Post Network
November 6, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A 52-year-old daily wage earner attempted self immolation at the district collectorate in Tirupur on Monday.
Jayaraj, hailing from Nalloothupalayam, who arrived at the collectorate suddenly poured kerosene on himself and attempted to light the match stick. However, a section of public and police immediately overpowered him.
A memorandum, which Jayaraj brought to submit the administration, said that the 14-cent land owned by him was transferred to his name by his brother and through fraudulent methods a loan was taken from a bank.
Despite complaints, police in Anupparpalayam failed to take any action and as a last resort he had come to the Collector seeking justice.
Police took Jayaraj into custody for interrogation.