• Download mobile app
16 Jan 2021, Edition - 2013, Saturday

Trending Now

  • #COVID19 Covishield dispatch for vaccine drive a historic moment: Serum Institute of India
  • Dynastic politics burdens country with incompetence: PM Modi
  • Will take decision on resumption of physical court hearing after consulting medical experts: SC

Coimbatore

Man dies after consuming cow dung powder

Covai Post Network

Share

A 50-year-old man died after consuming the banned yellow cow dung powder in Sirumugai here on Thursday.

According to sources, the deceased, P. Rajan from Kennady Street in Sirumugai, was living with his wife Palaniammal (40) and their three children. He was a drunkard and often quarrelled with his family members. He also suffered from chronic stomach ache.

On Wednesday, Rajan had consumed water mixed with yellow cow dung powder. He died on the way to the Mettupalayam Government Hospital. A case has been registered by the P.N. Palayam sub division police.

Since cow dung powder is a banned substance, the police are also on the lookout for the person who sold it to Rajan.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER