17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Man escapes with gold worth Rs. 5 lakh
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
Police have launched a manhunt for a man who escaped with gold worth Rs. 5 lakhs from a jewellery workshop.
According to police, Sheik Noor Hussain, hailing from West Bengal, was working at a workshop owned by one Alimudeen at Uppara Street. On October 2, one Imran of DB Road had given 218 grams of gold to Alimudeen to make some jewels. However, Sheik Noor took away the gold and escaped.
Following a complaint from Imran, B 8 Variety Hall Road police registered a case under Section 30 of IPC. A special team has been formed to nab Sheik Noor.