23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Man with 2 kg ganja held in Pollachi
Covai Post Network
November 4, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
An elderly person was arrested yesterday in Pollachi for possessing about 2 kg of ganja which he intended to sell in the area.
According to police, Manikandan S, 64, of Devanga Chettiyar Street in Kunjipalayam, Pollachi, works as an assistant cook. On clear tips, Inspector Mahedran of Pollachi West Police Station raided his room near Kunjipalayam railway gate and seized the stuff.
He admitted that he bought the material from Dindigul bus stand from a person whose identity is yet to be confirmed.
Manikandan was remanded after a case was charged under the various Sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. He had been arrested on similar charges a few years ago, police said.