23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
MGR centenary celebrations: 4000 police personnel deployed
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
More than 4000 police personnel from eight districts have been deployed for bandobust duty in the city on Sunday during the MGR centenary celebrations.
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami will launch several welfare schemes for the people during the celebrations at VOC Grounds here in the presence of State Ministers.
Various Government offices, including the district collectorate and Police Commissioner office, have been illuminated with lights and decorated.
The personnel from Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Nilgiris, Erode, Salem, Namakkal and Krishnagiri district have been accommodated in marriage halls in the city