December 1, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A migrant worker was electrocuted while at work on Thursday in Karuthampattii here.
According to sources, Mushraf Ali (28) from Padam village in Assam was electrocuted when he accidentally tread on the power cable that were kept open to fix the safety equipment at the Sai Kumaran Mills. Mushraf was rushed to the hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Based on a complaint from another labourer Ibrahim Ali, police registered a case against Raj, the electrical contractor of the mill, Senthil, mill supervisor and Venkatesh, mill owner, under Section 304 (A) of IPC.