23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Mill worker electrocuted
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A migrant worker was electrocuted while at work on Thursday in Karuthampattii here.
According to sources, Mushraf Ali (28) from Padam village in Assam was electrocuted when he accidentally tread on the power cable that were kept open to fix the safety equipment at the Sai Kumaran Mills. Mushraf was rushed to the hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Based on a complaint from another labourer Ibrahim Ali, police registered a case against Raj, the electrical contractor of the mill, Senthil, mill supervisor and Venkatesh, mill owner, under Section 304 (A) of IPC.