22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
- The United States on Thursday welcomed the move to hold talks between Foreign Ministers of India and Pakistan in New York.
- 3 abducted cops martyred in Shopian, J&K
Mother attempts suicide after drowning kids in Tirupur
Covai Post Network
July 13, 2018
Coimbatore : A middle aged woman today attempted to commit suicide by self immolation, after drowning her two kids in the water sump in the front of the house in Poomalur in Tirupur district.
Neighbours heard the screams of Shivaranjini, wife of a former panchayat president, and rushed to her house where they noticed that she was in flames, police said.
She was immediately rushed to the government hospital, where she is being treated for third degree burns.
Meanwhile, neighbours noticed the bodies of her six-year-old daughter and eight-month-old son, floating in the sump.