19 Jul 2018, Edition - 1101, Thursday
- Encounter rages on in Handwara, J&K; Gunfight breaks out in the Batpora area. Terrorists believed to be holed up
- AAP issues whip, asks its MPs to vote in favour of no confidence motion in the Parliament
- Students of Banaras Hindu University hold unique protest after Congress raised the question of accountability
- RBI to issue new 100 rupee note in lavender colour
- DMK Working President MK Stalin urges opposition parties to unite on the ‘no-trust’ vote
- Shiv Sena to abstain from the trust vote in the ‘no-confidence’ motion
- YSR Congress protests at Parliament premises, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi politicises mob lynchings, warns of ‘sinister design’ before 2019 General Elections
- 7 naxals, including 3 women, killed in an encounter with security forces in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi interacts with the beneficiaries of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana & Saubhagya Yojana
One dies as truck drives in tea stall at Vallipuram
Covai Post Network
June 25, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative image
Coimbatore: A mini-lorry driven by a drunken man crashed into a roadside tea stall near Vallipuram on Namakkal-Karur national highway, killing a 31-year-old man here on Sunday night.
Kannan of Keerambur village, who was having tea, was killed when the Karnataka registration vehicle suddenly drifted away from the road and crashed into the shop, police said.
He got trapped and died on the spot. Driver Balakrishnan of Vedasandur near Dindigul was said to be drunk. He was caught by local people and beaten up before being handed over to police.
The vehicle, heading to Madurai from Bengaluru, was carrying components for tractors, police added.