• Download mobile app
24 Apr 2024, Edition - 3207, Wednesday

Trending Now

  • 830 voters names go missing in Kavundampalayam constituency
  • If BJP comes to power we shall consider bringing back electoral bonds: Nirmala Sitaraman
  • Monitoring at check posts between Kerala and TN intensified as bird flu gets virulent in Kerala

Coimbatore

One killed in plastic godown fire

Covai Post Network

Share

A 40-year-old man was charred to death, after a godown-cum-house storing plastic products caught fire at R.S. Puram today.

The public, who noticed smoke emanating from a building informed fire personnel, who rushed to the spot and managed to bring the fire under control after an hour’s battle.

The fire personnel noticed the body of Ketan Kalla, hailing from Kolkata, only after they entered the second room after extinguishing the fire in the first room. The deceased was staying alone and had stocked plastic materials such as lunch boxes, police said.

The officials were not aware that any persons were inside the second room, they said, adding that there was poor visibility following thick smoke due to the burning of plastic materials, which have fallen on him causing the death.

Ketan’s family members have been informed and they are expected to arrive in the city from Kolkata tomorrow.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER