23 Apr 2018, Edition - 1014, Monday
- PM Modi is slated to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping during a summit in China’s Wuhan city
- Former UPA Minister Kapil Sibal addresses the media on the impeachment motion, says ‘Dismissal of motion illegal’
- Paris suspect Abdeslam guilty over Brussels shootout: Court
- BJP faces protest in Mysuru as Yeddyurappa’s son denied ticket
- Rahul Gandhi breaks silence on impeachment bid, ‘Judicial Institutions being undermined’
- Actor Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Supreme Court urging it to revoke an FIR filed against him in Rajasthan’s Churu district
- TCS was the top gainer among Nifty50 stocks rising over 4 per cent
- India China Wuhan Summit: PM Modi to visit China later this week, bilateral meet post Doklam standoff
- Ahead of J&K Cabinet reshuffle, J&K BJP Ministers arrive in Delhi to meet Ram Madhav, Jitendra Singh, Netas likely to meet Amit Shah
- Despite a warning from PM, BJP MP Bharat Singh stokes massive row, Neta attacks Christian Missions
One more held in Hindu Munnani activist’s murder
Covai Post Network
October 12, 2017
CBCID police, investigating the murder case of Hindu Munnani functionary Sasikumar a year ago, arrested one Subair.
Sasikumar was murdered with sickles by a gang in two motorcycles on September 22 night last year when he was returning home. This triggered a communal flare up during his funeral the next day.
The main accused in the case, Saddam Hussain, was arrested two months ago and search was on for his accomplice Mubarak, said to be the mastermind behind the murder. On information that Subair was involved in the attack, police tracked him last evening at Mullapadi Railway Gate near Pollachi. The youth is to be produced before Judicial Magistrate court for remand, police said.