23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
PT urges cops to arrest culprits soon
Covai Post Network
September 25, 2016
Following the aftermath of the murder of Hindu Munnani leader Sasikumar in Coimbatore, K Krishnasamy, founder of the Puthiya Thamizhagam Party today requested the State government, to find the culprits soon.
He urged the city police to arrest those involved in the riot during the procession and help restore peace in Coimbatore. “The normal life of people in the city has been largely hit on Friday and Saturday by the chaotic situation,” he said.
He said that taking into consideration the precedent in Coimbatore, police should take necessary action so that further communal violence does not break out.
Meanwhile, special team of six police has started investigating the murder and CCTV footages have also been retrieved by police to nab the accused.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr