17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Public ire against prayer hall for `disturbance’; furniture damaged
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Police have been deployed around a prayer hall at Periyanaicken Palayam on the city outskirts after a group of people damaged glass panes and chairs claiming that devotees created `disturbance’ last night.
Devotees attending prayers at the hall at Kottaipirivu, about 25 km from here, were asked to not to make noise during nights disturbing people in the neighbourhood, police said. On complaints from residents in the area, an RDO inquiry was also conducted earlier.
But last night devotees gathered there and the public intervened and damaged some chairs and tables and broke glass panes claiming that the gathering did not have proper permission.
Adequate police forces have been deployed around the hall and the tahsildar is to inquire about the incident, they said.