19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Rats found in drinking water tank at Stanes school
Covai Post Network
September 6, 2016
A large number of parents and students today picketed in front of Stanes Higher Secondary School following allegations that the water purifiers in the school contained rats – both dead and live.
Based on the complaints from a section of the students, their parents, numbering some 500, gathered in front of Stanes School, and laid siege, protesting against the unhygienic drinking water reportedly being supplied to their children, police said.
They also claimed that one of the two purifiers has live rats, due to which the students were hesitating to consume water.
Even as the school management was not available for their version, police said that the parents dispersed after assurance from the authorities that they would look into the issue.