17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Rats found in drinking water tank at Stanes school
Covai Post Network
September 6, 2016
A large number of parents and students today picketed in front of Stanes Higher Secondary School following allegations that the water purifiers in the school contained rats – both dead and live.
Based on the complaints from a section of the students, their parents, numbering some 500, gathered in front of Stanes School, and laid siege, protesting against the unhygienic drinking water reportedly being supplied to their children, police said.
They also claimed that one of the two purifiers has live rats, due to which the students were hesitating to consume water.
Even as the school management was not available for their version, police said that the parents dispersed after assurance from the authorities that they would look into the issue.