23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Rescue operations on war footing: Palaniswami
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Rescue operations in the affected areas have been taken up on war footing and the Government will provide Rs. 4 lakh solatium to the kin of those who lost their lives in the rains, Chief Minister, Edappadi K. Palaniswami said on Friday.
Talking to reporters at the airport, Palaniswami said people living in low lying areas have been moved to safe places. “Control rooms have been set up . The Government has directed the officials to expedite the relief and rescue operations in Kanyakumari and Tirunelveli districts,” the Chief Minister.
According to the Chief Minister, Coast Guard has recovered 18 out of the missing 29 boats. “Searches are continuing to trace the other boats. More than 2,000 persons from Electricity department are working round the clock to restore the electricity. Work is also in progress to clear the highways where several trees were uprooted,” the Chief Minister added.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr