21 May 2018, Edition - 1042, Monday
- BS Yeddyurappa Resigns As Karnataka Chief Minister Just Before Floor Test
- 1 BJP MLA Somashekara Reddy is out to ‘bribe’ MLAs
- Number game changes again, after 2 Cong, 2 JDS(S) MLAs rebel, 2 independents back BJP, BJP at 105, 4 short of win
- Legal faceoff after poll war, Cong-JDS object to pro tem speaker, top court puts Cong-JDS in spot, SC: Might have to postpone floor test
- SC accepts Governor’s Counsel’s argument, top court puts Cong-JDS in tight spot, Cong-JDS’s petition dismissed
- BJP MLA to remain pro tem speaker, SC: Videography of floor test adequate, floor test to telecast live
Rowdy detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
September 16, 2016
Thanjavur: A 25-year-old rowdy, Balaguru, residing in Vellalar Street, Valangaiman, was detained under the Goondas Act, on the orders of District Collector A. Annadurai.
Based on the recommendations made by SP J Mahesh and relevant documents produced by Inspector S. Meena of Papanasam Police Station, the district collector ordered Balaguru’s detention as a Goonda, under Section 3(i) of the Tamil Nadu Act 14 of 1982.
Subsequently, Balaguru was lodged at the central prison in Trichy.