17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Rowdy detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
September 16, 2016
Thanjavur: A 25-year-old rowdy, Balaguru, residing in Vellalar Street, Valangaiman, was detained under the Goondas Act, on the orders of District Collector A. Annadurai.
Based on the recommendations made by SP J Mahesh and relevant documents produced by Inspector S. Meena of Papanasam Police Station, the district collector ordered Balaguru’s detention as a Goonda, under Section 3(i) of the Tamil Nadu Act 14 of 1982.
Subsequently, Balaguru was lodged at the central prison in Trichy.