19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Six killed, 10 injured as lorry dashes into bus
Covai Post Network
September 30, 2016
Six persons, including three women, were killed and 10 others injured, when a sand-laden lorry dashed into the side of a government bus on the Thoppur NH, some 160 kms from here, near Salem, today.
A couple of injured persons are reportedly serious. They are being treated at Salem Government Hospital, police said.
The bus was proceeding to Dharmapuri from Mettur and was trying to enter the highway, when the lorry also going to Dharmapuri from the right side of the road dashed into the bus, killing four persons on the spot. Two others died on the way to the hospital.
Traffic on the highway was disrupted for nearly one hour due to the mishap.