23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Steps to clear delay at Walayar checkpost
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
Following concerns from manufacturers and exporters from the region, the Cochin Port Trust (CPT) has started talks with various authorities to reduce cargo clearance delay at the Walayar checkpost.
The CPT chairman Paul Antony held a meeting with the heads of various departments last week, the CEO of International Container Transshipment Terminal (ICCT), Kochi, Shibu said.
During a meeting with the Port Trust officials, exporters have been complaining that they incur losses and extraordinary delay due to the slow-paced clearance at the checkpost. The Port Trust authorities have tried to reduce the delay by opening more counters.