23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Teachers Day celebrated at Stanes school
Covai Post Network
September 6, 2016
Students of the Stanes School-CBSE presented various cultural activities as part of Teachers Day celebrations.
Addressing the students and teachers, A. Benjamin, school principal said teachers were the source of knowledge and wisdom, who stand by us at every step we take guiding throughout. “Let us take the opportunity to convey our wishes to all our teachers, who have given impeachable contribution in shaping your personality. Teachers are the back bone of our society. They play a key role in shaping and building students’ personality and make them ideal citizens of the country and make a great impact on the growth, development and well being of the students and nation,” he said.
The highlight of the celebration was the performance of students of class V who enacted like their teachers.