17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Teachers Day celebrated at Stanes school
Covai Post Network
September 6, 2016
Students of the Stanes School-CBSE presented various cultural activities as part of Teachers Day celebrations.
Addressing the students and teachers, A. Benjamin, school principal said teachers were the source of knowledge and wisdom, who stand by us at every step we take guiding throughout. “Let us take the opportunity to convey our wishes to all our teachers, who have given impeachable contribution in shaping your personality. Teachers are the back bone of our society. They play a key role in shaping and building students’ personality and make them ideal citizens of the country and make a great impact on the growth, development and well being of the students and nation,” he said.
The highlight of the celebration was the performance of students of class V who enacted like their teachers.