23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Three killed in car-lorry collision
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
A woman and her two children died on the spot when the car in which they were travelling collided head on with a lorry near Dharapuram in Tirupur district on Thursday.
According to police, Ramanathan, hailing from Coimbatore, was on his way to Dharapuram with his wife Sathya (31) and children Mithun and Dwarika. When their car neared Idayankinaru, it collided with a lorry, killing Sathya and the kids instantly.
Ramanathan, who received serious injuries, is undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
Police are investigating.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr