19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Three vehicles damaged in freak accident
Covai Post Network
September 16, 2016
Thanjavur: At least three persons were injured and three two-wheelers were damaged when a 42-foot-long aluminium sheet came off its hold and fell, at the railway junction in Thanjavur, today.
The giant aluminium sheet fixed atop the shed inside the main entrance of the railway junction, at the backside of the retiring room, unexpectedly came off its hinges due to strong winds that blew this evening, and fell on the floor. Three unidentified persons sustained injuries and three two-wheelers suffered damage in the mishap. Luckily, there was no casualty.
The shed had been covered with 42 sheets, each sheet measuring one-feet, sources said.