23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
TN vehicles stopped at Karnataka border
Covai Post Network
September 5, 2016
As a precautionery measure, vehicles proceeding towards Mysore in Karnataka from Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu have been stopped on the border to prevent any backlash, following the Supreme Court order on the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
In view of farmers’ protest in Karnataka, particularly Mandya and Maddur areas, a few KM from Mysore, the vehicles bearing Tamil Nadu registration, including Government buses, were stopped at the border, police said.