19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
TN vehicles stopped at Karnataka border
Covai Post Network
September 5, 2016
As a precautionery measure, vehicles proceeding towards Mysore in Karnataka from Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu have been stopped on the border to prevent any backlash, following the Supreme Court order on the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
In view of farmers’ protest in Karnataka, particularly Mandya and Maddur areas, a few KM from Mysore, the vehicles bearing Tamil Nadu registration, including Government buses, were stopped at the border, police said.