23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
TPDK cadres held for protest at naval office in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Nearly 50 activists of Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam (TPDK) were arrested today when they attempted to stage a demonstration in front of the office of Indian Navy in protest against `failure to rescue fishermen caught in Ockhi Cyclone’.
Led by TPDK general secretary K Ramakrishnan, they raised slogans against the Naval force for not taking adequate steps to rescue the fishermen or carrying out search operations in the deep seas despite having sophisticated equipment.
They were also critical of the Central and Tamil Nadu governments and wanted Kanyakumari be declared as national disaster area. The activists demanded Rs 20 lakh be gives as compensation to the families of those who lost their lives in the cyclone, police said.