22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
TPDK cadres held for protest at naval office in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Nearly 50 activists of Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam (TPDK) were arrested today when they attempted to stage a demonstration in front of the office of Indian Navy in protest against `failure to rescue fishermen caught in Ockhi Cyclone’.
Led by TPDK general secretary K Ramakrishnan, they raised slogans against the Naval force for not taking adequate steps to rescue the fishermen or carrying out search operations in the deep seas despite having sophisticated equipment.
They were also critical of the Central and Tamil Nadu governments and wanted Kanyakumari be declared as national disaster area. The activists demanded Rs 20 lakh be gives as compensation to the families of those who lost their lives in the cyclone, police said.